Friday, January 25, 2013

Feel the BURN...

Hey all, its me Courtney...I know its been awhile so I feel the need to reintroduce myself, maybe send out a reminder, and a found flyer! Life is busy as usual with church, starting a new job, and going to school. I wouldn't have it any other way though. So why the post all the sudden? I feel inspired ladies!

Everyone knows that as Apostolic's we love love love to eat. Lets be real before church... we eat, after church... we eat, celebrating... we eat, mourning... we eat, single... we eat, married... we eat, preggers... we eat, you get the idea! Don't get me wrong I have always loved eating. But before church I was quite the athlete I was a dancer, soccer player, want to be track star, and I played rugby for a season. I wouldn't say I enjoyed working out but I did feel satisfied after a good run (though during I was whining). But now I find it harder to find time to work out (with all they eating we do!). I do not believe in New Years resolutions, some of my close friends and family will remember the one I made last year and broke only a day after I made it. So this is not a New Years resolution, its more like a rebellion.

Do not be alarmed people I am not doing anything illegal! Just going against the grain, revolting against the status quo, REBELLING! I remember the first year I was in church, after every single service I went out to eat. It seemed that all I did. It continued through out the four years, even if we ate at home rather than going out. Now I am watching a friend of mine go through the same thing. The funny thing is, before I even met her people were saying that she reminded them of me. I love my little twin! Well, people have been telling her that now she's in church she can gain weight, put some meat on her bones, and get fat. I am a very real person and I can admit that before I was in church I probably was a little to skinny. Though I weigh the same I did in High School (minus muscle LOL).

This is right before I got into truth. I was 19 here (and had recently made a dumb decision to dye my hair auburn). I was about a size 4 here, now I am a comfortable 6 (not church 6 but a real 6 -inside joke for Kendra and Misha). Now I am realistic do I want to be this small again eh not really. But I do want to be healthy. I have never been one to focus on the number on the scale so I am not into losing poundage! But inches may be nice or some toning! I want to make a disclaimer I do not think I am fat! Never have! Back to my friend...So Kendra and I have been trying to tell her we don't need to let ourselves go just because we are in church! The funny thing was, I had let myself go. I even noticed myself becoming lazy and down... So Im REBELLING!

Okay this is me eating LOL, but really I am rebelling! On Monday I took a big step...I went on the elliptical at work. It hurt I thought I was going to die. And I realized that was not for me. So I went on YouTube and subscribed to Befit. I know Jillian Michaels does not have the same morals that I do, but she is amazing at working out and I like her video. So I started 30 day shred on Wednesday. I loved it! Well I suffered but I made it! On Thursday I felt stronger and was able to focus on form. That day I felt a change in my attitude and how I carried myself (maybe because I could barely walk). That night I went to a youth conference in Fontana. My legs hurt so bad that when I had to sit and stand I want to scream. But it was worth it. I took my measurements to see my progress but for modesty purposes I wont be sharing... But I will be sharing how many inches I lost. Today I feel great. I just finished my workout and I am ready to see what today holds.


This is me pre-workout videos I think you can see the weight in my face, since my dress is flowie, but I guess only I will see the real improvements. (Hey notice the natural hair color lol)

What excites me is I am doing this for me. Not because my friends are, not because I want to look like someone else, not for some guy (there is none lol), and not for approval. I am doing this because my body is a temple. I am doing this because I want to feel good. I am REBELLING because just because your happy or saved doesn't mean you need to be unhealthy.

<3 all="" love="" p="" to="">

Court

5 comments:

  1. Amen!! I have been rebelling all year :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too dyed my hair auburn/red right before I got the Holy Ghost. I still think there's red in the tips of my hair lol. I don't think it ever goes away...

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick me, pick me I WANNA JOIN THE REBELLION TOO!!!

    I read, I laughed, I said "amen".

    ♥ your blog! but not as much as I ♥ you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now dub thee, Sis. Hanna of The Rebellion against FAT

    ReplyDelete

Followers